Developed by the
Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC)
– Parts of a Circle
(diameter, radius, chord, sector,
quadrant, circumference, etc.)
– Circle Drawing: Use of set squares,
tee square and compasses to divide
a circle in 4, 8, and 12 equal parts.
– Construction of tangent and normal
to a circle; tangent at a point to the
circle; tangent from a point outside
the circle and to one or two equal
– Inscribed and circumscribed circles
to given triangles.
– Definition and construction of regular
and irregular polygons: pentagon,
hexagon, heptagon, octagon, using
general and specific methods, etc.
|1. Examples of Plane figures.|
2. Construction of Plane figures.
3. Determination of Areas of Plane
– triangle and rectangle of equal areas.
– square and rectangle of equal areas, etc.
4. Enlargement and reduction of plane
figures: triangles, rectangles and squares
in given ratios by (a) length of sides and
(b) radial line method.
|Tools, machines & Processes|
|1. Types and Uses:|
(a) Portable power tools:
belt sander, hand drill, fret saw, etc.
(b) Machines: circular saw, band saw,
wood lathe, surface planer, thickness,
sanders, drill, etc.
2. Functions of the different types
3. Care and maintenance of woodwork