Meaning of Health (Concept of Health)
Health is referred to as a state of well-being of the whole body. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), Human health is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being of the body.
Personal health is also referred to as a state of well-being of the body. If you have good personal health, you will grow and develop normally to your full capacity. Hygiene is important to maintain good health. Hygiene is the science of preserving and improving health.
Cleanliness is important for health, but personal health is something more than cleanliness and the absence of diseases. To have good personal health, we must know some facts about health, this is called Health knowledge, which refers to being aware of the factors that affect your health, and this knowledge can be gained through the following ways.
- By reading health journals, magazines, and other publications.
- By watching/listening to special television/ radio programmes on health.
Levels of Health:
There are three levels of health, these are:
1. Low Level: This is when someone is ill, characteristics include weakness, paleness, being miserable, and lack of appetite.
2. Average Level: This is when someone is just recovering from illness. Characteristics include lack of appetite and not enough strength.
3. High Level: This is when someone is fully recovered and is healthy, characteristics include adequate appetite, being active, bright, happy, and cheerful.