Effects & Control of Soil Pollution
Effects of Soil Pollution:
1. Soil pollutants reduce nutrients values in the soil.
2. Soil pollutants will hinder the provision of habitats, nourishment, and protection for plants and animals, that is, it will kill soil organisms.
3. Soil pollutants will lead to poor yield.
4. The economy of a country like Nigeria will not grow, because the exportation of cocoa is still in progress.
5. Farmers will not be able to earn a living because they won’t have enough farm products for sale.
5. Discarded materials make the land/environment untidy, unattractive, and unsafe for human beings.
Control of Soil Pollution:
1. Recycling non-biodegradable materials helps to reduce the need for raw materials.
2. Manufacturers can reuse materials to make new products.
3. Old plastics should be recycled to make new ones.
4. Waste materials can be properly disposed of, by controlled burning.
5. Regular environmental sanitation should be encouraged in all the states of the federation.
1. Mention 3 control measures for soil pollution.
2. Mention four causes of soil pollution.