Back to Course
JSS1: BUSINESS STUDIES - 1ST TERM
Introduction to Business Studies | Week 14Topics|1 Quiz
The Office | Week 24Topics|1 Quiz
The Clerical Staff | Week 34Topics|1 Quiz
Right Attitude to Work | Week 45Topics|1 Quiz
The Departments in an Office or Organisation | Week 53Topics|1 Quiz
Introduction to Commerce | Week 63Topics|1 Quiz
Division of Commerce | Week 75Topics|1 Quiz
Production | Week 85Topics|1 Quiz
Factors of Production | Week 92Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson 1, Topic 2
Importance of Business Studies
Business Studies is important due to the following reasons:
- It prepares students for further training in business education.
- It builds a strong foundation for those students who wish to move on to further study, and training, in specialised areas such as management, marketing, accounting etc.
- It provides job opportunities.
- It trains students with the ability to understand office procedures and practices.
- It equips someone with the skill necessary to run a business successfully.
- It assists one to develop vocational skills.
- Business studies is an important tool to develop skills to cope with the dynamic, and ever-changing business environment.
JSCE 2019 Business Studies Past Question