Lesson 6, Topic 5
The Means for Consumer Protection
Below are some laws or instruments that have been put in place by the government to protect consumers rights:
- Food and drugs Act of 1955.
- Weight and Measures Act of 1963.
- Rent Tribunal / Rent Edict.
- Trade Description Act of 1968.
- Hire purchase Act of 1975.
- Price Control Act of 1970.
- Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON) Decree of 1971.
- Consumer Association Act.
- Sales of goods Act of 1979.
- Advertisement Act of 1959.
- Consumer Perfection Act.