Facilities that are Available for Self-Employment
Facilities are infrastructural social amenities that help to speed up business ventures. They are provided by the government. Government should therefore endeavour to provide the following facilities:
- Access to capital through microfinance banks.
- Good and accessible road networks.
- Refrigeration facilities to preserve seasonal fruits/poultry meats and other perishable items.
- Industrial training for manufacturing sectors.
- Uninterrupted power supply.
- Accessibility to potable water supply. Good potable water, or drinking water, is clear, smells and tastes neutral, and is not too high in mineral salts.
- Ferry services in the riverine areas.
- Access to acres of land for cultivation.
- Provision of grants to small business owners.
- Good transportation system, including railways, ports and public transport.