JSS1: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES - 1ST TERM
The Creation Story | Week 1 & 24Topics|1 Quiz
Marriage | Week 3 & 43Topics|1 Quiz
Disobedience | Week 5 & 65Topics|1 Quiz
Call to Repentance | Week 7 & 86Topics|1 Quiz
Definition of Repentance
Zacheus Obeys God’s Call to Repentance. (Luke 19:1-9)
King David Obeys God’s Call to Repentance. 2 Samuel 12:7-12, Psalm 51
The People of Nineveh Repented (Jonah 3:1-10)
John the Baptist Calls for Repentance. (Luke 3:1-14)
Consequences of Lack of Repentance
- Definition of Repentance
Consequences Of Disobedience of Adam and Eve & other Examples
1. Adam and Eve lost the beauty and pleasure of the Garden of Eden.
2. They lost personal morality/worth.
3. Disobedience brings suffering/poverty.
4. Disobedience brings Evil, for example, Cain and Abel.
5. Disobedience causes the breakdown of law and order (Example the tower of Babel, Genesis 11:1-9)
6. Disobedience brings divine separation (Adam and Eve lost their constant fellowship with God)
8. Disobedience brings about the loss of God’s kingdom, and rule over man.
9. Disobedience can lead to physical and spiritual death.
JSCE 2019 Past Christian Religious Studies Question