Lesson 1, Topic 2
Why God Created Human Beings
- God created man in His own image and likeness, and put him in charge of all that He had created. God created man to have fellowship with Him.
- God commanded man to increase, multiply, dominate and subdue the earth.
- The first man God created was Adam, from the ribs of Adam, God made woman.
- When Adam saw her, he was happy and said, “This is now the bone of my bone, and the flesh of my flesh, she shall be called woman because she was taken out of man”.
- Adam gave the name Eve to the woman because she was the mother of all living.
- God is involved in creating man by molding man with His hands and breathing life into him (man). The breath of God on man made man a living being.
- God created man first to know Him.
- Man is created to worship and honour God.
- God created man to continue the act of creation, by bringing forth their likes.
- God created man for His glory, and to showcase His power in the universe.
JSCE 2020 Christian Religious Studies Past Question