Similarities in Nigerian Culture
Although in Nigeria, there are over 250 ethnic groups with over 500 languages with different cultural customs yet they have aspects in common which cut across all Nigerian ethnic groups.
Here are some major values and norms that are common among the various Nigerian cultures;
- Farming is the major occupation of the Nigerian people.
- Naming ceremonies cuts across the different cultures in Nigeria.
- Performance of Burial rites for the dead.
- Belief in marriage rites and family living.
- Respect of Parents and Elders.
- Male Circumcision is the surgical removal of the skin covering the tip of the penis. The procedure is fairly common for newborn boys in many parts of the world. Penis before and... More.
- Belief in traditional medicine.
- Hard work.