JSS2: BASIC SCIENCE - 1ST TERM
Living Things (Habitat) | Week 1, 2 & 38 Topics|1 Quiz
Habitat (Meaning, Types)
Adaptations of Organisms to their Habitat
Characteristics of Organisms found in Different Habitats
Food Chain, Food Web, and Trophic level
Pyramid of Numbers, Energy & Mass
Interactions in the Ecosystem
Population and Population Studies
- Habitat (Meaning, Types)
Living Things (Uniqueness of Man) | Week 49 Topics|1 Quiz
Man as Mammals & Primates
Uniqueness of Man
The Human Brain
Application and Uses of Basic Intelligence
Liquid Measuring Tools
Measurement of Mass
Measurement of Time, Speed & Temperature
- Man as Mammals & Primates
Growth and Development | Week 5 & 64 Topics|1 Quiz
Chemicals | Week 7 & 84 Topics|1 Quiz
Work, Energy & Power | Week 94 Topics|1 Quiz
Do you like this content?
Calculations Involving Workdone
A boy of mass 20kg climbs stairs of about 8m. Calculate the work done by the body. The face of gravity acting on a mass = 10m/s2
Workdone = mgh
Where m = mass of the body; g = force of gravity; h = distance.
.: W = 20 × 10 × 8
2. A boy of mass 10 kg runs up a set of steps of total height 3.00m. find the work done against gravity.
W = mgh
= 10 × 10 × 3
Evaluation Questions on Work, Energy, and Power:
1. Define the following terms:
2. List seven forms of energy
3. State the SI unit of work, energy, and power.
4. Calculate the work done if a body exerts a force of 10N over a distance of 50m.
5. Outline 5 different forms of energy.
6. Calculate the kinetic energy of a car of mass 40kg when accelerating at a velocity 30 m/s.
7. Name the energy changes in each example given below:
i. a torchlight
ii. a Bunsen burner
iii. a loudspeaker
iv. electric bell
v. a dynamo.
Reading assignment: spectrum basic science for junior secondary schools, book 2 pages 101 – 106.