First Aid Non-Medical Materials
The materials used in administering first aid are as follows:
1. Safety Pin: These are pins used to fasten the bandage in place, on wounds.
2. Razor Blade: In first aid administration, the razor blade is used for cutting plaster and bandages where there are no scissors.
3. Bandages: This material is used to bind the injured parts of the body, and protect wounds from infection.
4. Cotton Wool: Cotton wool is used in dressing wounds and cleaning blood on the surface of cuts and wounds.
5. Plasters: The plaster is used to cover wounds and cuts directly while holding the cotton wool in place. It prevents the entry of germs.
6. Forceps: This material is used for holding cotton wool when dressing wounds.
7. Sterile Gauze: It is used for sterilizing wounds so as to avoid germs and infections.
8. Hand Gloves: This material can protect against direct contact with blood and dirt.
9. Record Book and Pen: With this, the name, sex, age, class of the student, the nature of the injury, and the type of treatment given can be recorded.