Medicinal Materials Used In First Aid
1. Analgesics: These are pain relievers like paracetamol, panadol, aspirin, and any other pain reliever or painkillers.
2. Antiseptics: These are cleansers like Dettol, TCP, Izal, etc. They are used to clean the surface of wounds and protect against germs.
3. Gentian violet: This is a chemical substance used on burns as a coolant. It is in the form of blue ink.
4. Iodine: Iodine is used to clean fresh wounds and cuts and kill microorganisms. It is used to stop blood flow or bleeding in minor wounds.
5. Methylated spirit: It is used to kill germs around a wound. It is also used to disinfect wounds, and skin before
6. Hydrogen peroxide: It is sometimes used in the place of the methylated spirit, to disinfect wounds.
7. Penicillin Ointment: This is used to prevent and treat minor skin infections caused by small cuts, scrapes, or burns. It works by killing bacteria and harmful organisms.
JSCE Basic Technology Past Questions: