JSS2: BASIC TECHNOLOGY - 1ST TERM
- Definition of First Aid | Week 17Topics|1 Quiz
- Rescue Operation | Week 23Topics|1 Quiz
- Materials & Their Common Uses (Wood) | Week 36Topics|1 Quiz
- Materials & their Common Uses (Metal) | Week 45Topics|1 Quiz
- Uses of Common Alloys ( Brass & Bronze) | Week 5 & 68Topics|1 Quiz
- Uses of Ceramics And Glass (Contd) | Week 7 & 84Topics|1 Quiz
- Uses of Plastics | Week 94Topics|1 Quiz
- Uses of Rubber | Week 103Topics|1 Quiz
Uses of Ferrous Alloys
1. Steel: Steel is a mixture of iron and low amounts of carbon. It is used for making automobile bodies, tools, screws, and nails.
2. Stainless steel: It is the mixture of iron + chromium + carbon + nickel. Stainless steel does not rust and can be used for food processing and for storing chemicals.