Advantages of Using Wood
1. Wood is generally non-toxic, as such it is not dangerous to handle.
2. Wood has low density. As such, it is easier to transport.
3. Wood is strong, light and fairly easy to work with.
4. Wood when dried is an insulator. There’s no fear of being electrocuted.
5. Wood can last a very longtime.
6. Wood is somehow inexpensive, widely available and adaptable to make many wonderful things.
7. Wood has beautiful grains and coloration when used to craft furniture work.
8. The cost of disposing wood is relatively low.
9. Finally, wood has low resistance to stress concentration since nails and screws do not weaken it.