Back to Course
JSS2: BASIC TECHNOLOGY - 1ST TERM
Definition of First Aid | Week 17 Topics|1 Quiz
Rescue Operation | Week 23 Topics|1 Quiz
Materials & Their Common Uses (Wood) | Week 36 Topics|1 Quiz
Materials & their Common Uses (Metal) | Week 45 Topics|1 Quiz
Uses of Common Alloys ( Brass & Bronze) | Week 5 & 68 Topics|1 Quiz
Uses of Ceramics And Glass (Contd) | Week 7 & 84 Topics|1 Quiz
Uses of Plastics | Week 94 Topics|1 Quiz
Uses of Rubber | Week 103 Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson 3, Topic 6
Disadvantages of Using Wood
1. Wood is highly combustible.
2. Wood is susceptible to disease and rot.
3. Water and heat can change the dimension of wood. So, wood is dimensionally unstable.
4. Wood cannot be used at high temperatures.
5. When wet, wood strength decreases.