JSS2: BASIC TECHNOLOGY - 1ST TERM
Definition of First Aid | Week 17 Topics|1 Quiz
Rescue Operation | Week 23 Topics|1 Quiz
Materials & Their Common Uses (Wood) | Week 36 Topics|1 Quiz
Materials & their Common Uses (Metal) | Week 45 Topics|1 Quiz
Uses of Common Alloys ( Brass & Bronze) | Week 5 & 68 Topics|1 Quiz
Uses of Ceramics And Glass (Contd) | Week 7 & 84 Topics|1 Quiz
Uses of Plastics | Week 94 Topics|1 Quiz
Uses of Rubber | Week 103 Topics|1 Quiz
Do you like this content?
Rescue Operations Procedures
1. The rescue team should arrive at the scene and size up the situation, that is, take control of the situation.
2. Hazard Control: In hazardous terrain rescues, helicopters can be useful.
3. Patient Access: Rescue teams must be able to gain access to victims in danger.
4. Medical Treatment: Rescued victims must be treated by administering first aid.
5. Disentanglement: Materials used for carrying survivors must be removed, such as ropes.
6. Work with time: try to assess the victim as quickly as possible, if they are unconscious and immobile, then administer ABC of first aid.
7. Protect the Scene: Use signage to prevent more injuries from affecting victims in a road accident. You can put a caution triangle in the middle of the road. In a scenario where no signage can be found at an accident scene, we use grasses or tree branches to slow down incoming vehicles.
8. Transfer the Victim: The rescue team should make immediate arrangements, on how to transfer the accident victims to the hospital, especially when they are unconscious or badly injured.