Uses of Brass
1. It is used for plumbing and electrical applications.
2. Brass is used for decoration for its bright gold-like appearance.
3. It is used extensively in brass musical instruments such as horns and bells. Yellow brass, which contains more zinc, produces a lighter sound than gold brass
4. Brass is also used for applications where low friction is required such as locks, gears, bearings, doorknobs, ammunition casings, and valves.
5. It is also used to make zippers.
7. Brass is resistant to saltwater corrosion which makes it ideal for marine applications such as ship propellers, rudders, portholes, center-boards, and engine parts.
6. Brass is used in engineering work such as in fittings and tools used near flammable or explosive materials.