JSS2: BASIC TECHNOLOGY - 1ST TERM
Definition of First Aid | Week 17 Topics|1 Quiz
Rescue Operation | Week 23 Topics|1 Quiz
Materials & Their Common Uses (Wood) | Week 36 Topics|1 Quiz
Materials & their Common Uses (Metal) | Week 45 Topics|1 Quiz
Uses of Common Alloys ( Brass & Bronze) | Week 5 & 68 Topics|1 Quiz
Uses of Ceramics And Glass (Contd) | Week 7 & 84 Topics|1 Quiz
Uses of Plastics | Week 94 Topics|1 Quiz
Uses of Rubber | Week 103 Topics|1 Quiz
Do you like this content?
Uses of Rubber
1. Rubber can be used as shock dampers (absorbers) and as engine mounting.
2. Rubber is used for making tubes and tires.
3. It is used for producing bathroom slippers.
4. Rubber is used for waterproofing. Waterproofing is the process of making an object or structure waterproof or water-resistant so that it remains relatively unaffected by water.
5. Rubber is used as an electrical insulator. It is therefore used for covering electrical wires.
6. Products such as vee-belts, hoses, shoe heels and soles, tires, footballs are all made from rubber.