JSS2: BUSINESS STUDIES – 1ST TERM
Reception Office | Week 18 Topics|1 Quiz
Office Correspondence | Week 25 Topics|1 Quiz
Office Documents | Week 32 Topics|1 Quiz
Trade | Week 42 Topics
Aids to Trade | Week 53 Topics|1 Quiz
Market | Week 64 Topics|1 Quiz
Buying and Selling | Week 75 Topics|1 Quiz
Distribution I | Week 84 Topics|1 Quiz
Distribution II | Week 95 Topics|1 Quiz
Do you like this content?
The retailer is a middleman who occupies the last link in the chain of distribution. He buys goods from the wholesaler, in small quantities, and sells them directly to the final consumers.
Functions of the Retailers to the Wholesaler:
1. The retailer normally buys goods in small quantities from the wholesaler, thus making the goods available for consumers to buy.
2. Relevant information, from the consumers, is passed onto the wholesaler, by retailers, for necessary action.
3. The retailer helps in the quick movement of goods.
4. The retailer represents the wholesaler, in the areas where the wholesalers’ activities are not prominent.
Functions of the Retailers to Consumers:
1. The retailer provides the consumer with different kinds of commodities.
2. He sometimes grants credit facilities to some customers.
3. The retailer has flexible working hours. This affords consumers the opportunity of buying goods at any time.
4. The retailer provides the consumers with vital information, concerning the quality and workmanship of the products.
5. Consumers save valuable time which would have been spent going to the market, by buying goods from retailers, who hawk their goods, or by getting the products delivered to their doorstep by the retailers.