Licensed Chemical Vendors in Nigeria
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) is a federal agency under the Federal Ministry of Health, that is responsible for regulating and controlling the manufacture, importation, exportation, advertisement, distribution, sale, and use of food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, chemicals and pre-packaged water in Nigeria.
Before you can be licensed to import and distribute chemicals in Nigeria, you must be registered with NAFDAC.
The following are guidelines for the distribution of chemicals in Nigeria;
1. Application letter including the list of items to be imported should be addressed to the Director-General of NAFDAC.
2. Three years tax certificate; original and photocopy.
3. Original and Photocopy of Importer’s Certificate of incorporation.
4. One Certified True Copy of Importer’s Memorandum and Articles of Association; original and photocopy.
5. Certificate of manufacture of the country the chemical is coming from and endorsed by the Nigerian Embassy in that Country.
6. Certificate of radiation issued by the authorities who regulate chemicals in the country of importation and endorsed by the Nigerian Embassy in that country.
7. Certificate of analysis of the chemical by the manufacturers.
8. Two (2) cartons of the product as samples, with production date, expiry date, batch number, net weight, full address of the manufacturer (not P.O Box), list of ingredients, and storage conditions.
9. Application must be signed by Importer’s Managing Director or Technical Officer.
List of Licensed Chemical Vendors in Nigeria:
Below are some names ofLicensed Chemical Vendors in Nigeria;