Back to Course
JSS2: BUSINESS STUDIES – 1ST TERM
Reception Office | Week 18 Topics|1 Quiz
Office Correspondence | Week 25 Topics|1 Quiz
Office Documents | Week 32 Topics|1 Quiz
Trade | Week 42 Topics
Aids to Trade | Week 53 Topics|1 Quiz
Market | Week 64 Topics|1 Quiz
Buying and Selling | Week 75 Topics|1 Quiz
Distribution I | Week 84 Topics|1 Quiz
Distribution II | Week 95 Topics|1 Quiz
Do you like this content?
Lesson 1, Topic 3
Qualities of a Receptionist
A good receptionist should possess the following qualities;
- A receptionist should be polite, especially to visitors.
- A receptionist should have a good command of the English language, and be able to express his or herself fluently.
- A receptionist should have a pleasant personality, both on the phone, and when receiving visitors to an organization.
- A receptionist should always be neatly and smartly dressed.
- A receptionist should be one of the first people to resume work in an organisation. Punctuality is a very important quality of a receptionist.
- A receptionist should have knowledge of the activities of the organisation, in order to point visitors in the right direction, or give accurate information.
- A receptionist should be able to work under pressure. This is true for big organisations that can get very busy.
- A receptionist should be dependable to be trusted by the management of the organization.