JSS2: BUSINESS STUDIES – 2ND TERM
Bank Services | Week 18 Topics|1 Quiz
Insurance | Week 26 Topics|1 Quiz
Personal Qualities of an Entrepreneur | Week 31 Topic|1 Quiz
Business Opportunities | Week 42 Topics|1 Quiz
Consumer Rights and Responsibilities | Week 52 Topics|1 Quiz
Shopping Tips | Week 64 Topics|1 Quiz
Bookkeeping Ethics I | Week 72 Topics
Bookkeeping Ethics II | Week 82 Topics|1 Quiz
Ledger Entries | Week 93 Topics|1 Quiz
Petty Cash Book | Week 105 Topics|1 Quiz
Do you like this content?
Reasons for Dishonoring a Cheque
Why would banks (drawee) dishonor a cheque? Here are some reasons below:
1. If the drawer is bankrupt.
2. Insufficient funds in the account of the drawer.
3. Alteration of the Cheque: If alteration on the cheque is not signed against by the drawer, the bank will not honor it.
4. If the cheque is not signed by the drawer.
5. If the drawer’s signature is irregular.
6. If the cheque is post-dated.
7. If the cheque is stale.
8. If the account is frozen.
9. A difference in figures and words.
10. Mutilation of cheque.