Responsibilities of the Consumer
There is a well-known saying that “there cannot be rights without responsibilities”
Consumer responsibility refers to the role a consumer plays in the way that goods and services are provided and made available to the public.
The following are some responsibilities of a consumer;
1. Responsibility of Self-help: It is always desirable that a consumer should not depend on the seller for information and choices as far as possible
2. Proof of Transaction: The second responsibility of every consumer is that the proof of purchase and documents relating to the purchase of durable goods should be obtained and preserved
3. Proper Claims: This is another responsibility that consumers are expected to bear in mind while making complaints and claiming compensation for loss or injury. They should not make unreasonable large claims.
4. Proper use of Products/Services: Some consumers, especially during the guarantee period, will use the product roughly with the opinion that it will be replaced during the guarantee period. Consumers should take care when using products.
5. It is the responsibility of the consumer to report any product defects or breaches in the product, and bring them to the notice of the appropriate authorities.
6. It is the responsibility of the consumer to carefully read and follow the instructions or warnings regarding a product before purchase and use.