Jesus Understanding of “Family” (Matt. 12: 46-50)
Jesus Understanding of “Family” (Matthew 12: 46-50)
When Jesus was preaching one day, someone told him that his mother and brothers had come to see him. Jesus asked the man who his mother and brothers were.
Pointing to his disciples, Jesus described his family as:
“Behold my mother and my brothers;
“For whoever does the will of God, the same is my brother, sister, and mother”.
Therefore, the true family of Jesus are;
1. Those who do the will of God.
2. Those who are obedient respectful, humble, loving, and hardworking.
3. Those who put God first in everything.
4. Those who put their trust, hope, and confidence in God.
5. Those who have good morals.
6. Those who have good relationships with God.