Temptation in Nigeria Today and Ways of Overcoming Them
As children in Nigeria, we are tempted to;
1. do what is wrong with the influence of the devil or bad friends.
2. disobey abuse, or insult our parents, teachers, prefects, and elders in our community.
3. be dishonest selfish, wicked, and cruel to those we love and those around us.
4. quarrel with our friends and fight one another.
5. cheat during continuous assessments or get involved in examination malpractices.
6. join bad groups (cults), smoke, drink alcohol, get addicted to drugs.
7. refuse to help our parents at home or refuse to clean our community.
Ways of Overcoming Temptation:
1. Seeking the help of God through Jesus.
2. Avoiding bad friends.
3. Saying out-right “No”, when offered drugs, alcohol or asked to join a Cult.
4. Joining a Christian youth association.
5. Working hard at school.
6. Reading the bible.
7. Avoiding dangerous places like clubs, night parties, etc.