Poetry is written in words to convey the personal feelings of the poet. It is arranged in a group of lines/verses called stanzas.
Types of Poetry:
1. Pastoral: It is a poem that dwells on shepherd and rustic life.
2. Lullaby: It is a song specially created to appease a weeping child or rock him to sleep.
3. Ballad: It is a poem written to express the heroic past of a community
4. Lyric: It is a short poem which expresses the poet’s thoughts and feelings and meant to be sung to/music lyre.
5. Elegy: It is used to express sorrow and lament.
6. Satirical poem: It is a poem which ridicules a person or society or shows the foolishness of an idea.
7. Sonnet: It is a poem of fourteen lines
Define the following forms of poetry: Lyric, Sonnet, Pastoral, Ballad.
With the aid of your dictionary, transcribe the following words to bring out the schwa sound. Mother, Doctor, Actor, Obey, Perhaps, Nervous.