JSS2: MATHEMATICS - 2ND TERM
- Transactions in the Homes and Offices | Week 15 Topics|1 Quiz
- Expansion and Factorization of Algebraic Expressions | Week 24 Topics|1 Quiz
- Algebraic Expansion and Factorization of Algebraic Expression | Week 34 Topics|1 Quiz
- Algebraic Fractions I | Week 44 Topics|1 Quiz
- Addition and Subtraction of Algebraic Fractions | Week 52 Topics|1 Quiz
- Solving Simple Equations | Week 64 Topics|1 Quiz
- Linear Inequalities I | Week 74 Topics|1 Quiz
- Linear Inequalities II | Week 82 Topics|1 Quiz
- Quadrilaterals | Week 92 Topics|1 Quiz
- Angles in a Polygon | Week 104 Topics|1 Quiz
- The Cartesian Plane Co-ordinate System I | Week 113 Topics|1 Quiz
- The Cartesian Plane Co-ordinate System II | Week 121 Topic|1 Quiz
Do you like this content?
Factors of Algebraic Terms
Algebraic terms have factors, which are those number or terms that divide exactly into them.
Example, the factors of 8ab, can be gotten from the factor pairs.
8ab = 8 x ab
= 2 x 4ab
= 4 x 2ab
= 1 x 8ab
= 8a x b
= 8b x a
Thus the factors of 8ab are: 1, 2, 4, 2ab, 4ab, 8ab, 8a, 8b, a, b, 8.