Importance of Packaging
Here are some reasons why packaging is important in agriculture;
1. To increase the shelf life of produce.
2. To prevent wastage that may occur during transportation and distribution.
3. To keep farm produce in good condition until it is sold to the consumers.
4. Packaging counts as an important part of the product brand and marketing.
5. It protects against damage or contamination by microorganisms, air, moisture, and toxins.
6. Packaging also provides an important medium, whereby manufacturers can provide information on product features, nutritional contents, and ingredient information.