JSS3: BASIC SCIENCE - 1ST TERM
- Family Traits | Week 16Topics|1 Quiz
- Environmental Hazards I - Soil Erosion | Week 23Topics
- Environmental Hazards I - Flooding | Week 35Topics|1 Quiz
- Environmental Hazards II - Bush Burning | Week 44Topics
- Environmental Hazards II - Deforestation | Week 54Topics|1 Quiz
- Environmental Hazards III - Desertification | Week 64Topics|1 Quiz
- Environmental Hazards III - Description of the Ozone Layer and its Location in the Atmosphere | Week 73Topics|1 Quiz
- Drug and Substance Abuse | Week 84Topics|1 Quiz
- Resources from Living Things | Week 94Topics
- Resources from Non-Living Things | Week 102Topics|1 Quiz
Prevention of Flooding
Flooding can be prevented in the following ways:
1. Widening of gutters or culverts.
2. Proper urban planning.
3. Construction of river or sea embankment.
4. Construction of dams.
6. Construction of a good drainage system.
7. Avoidance of refuse dumps on water channels.
8. Environmental sanitation on drainage gutters.