JSS3: BASIC SCIENCE - 2ND TERM
Light Energy | Week 12 Topics
Reflection of Light | Week 25 Topics|1 Quiz
Sound Energy | Week 34 Topics
Sound Energy - Echoes, Hearing | Week 42 Topics|1 Quiz
Electrical Energy - Concept of Electrical Flow | Week 52 Topics
Arrangement of Resistors | Week 63 Topics
Electrical Meter Reading and Billing | Week 72 Topics|1 Quiz
Magnetism | Week 82 Topics
Laws of Magnetism | Week 94 Topics|1 Quiz
Radioactivity | Week 105 Topics|1 Quiz
Applications and Adverse Effects of Radioactivity
Applications of Radioactivity:
1. Radioactive sources are used to study living organisms.
2. To diagnose and treat diseases.
3. To sterilize medical instruments and food.
4. To produce energy for heat and electricity power.
5. To monitor various steps in all types of industrial processes.
6. Used in smoke detectors and traces of radioactive phosphorous, radioactive cobalt, etc.
7. In radiography to image materials and products.
Adverse Effects of Radioactivity:
1. Causes cancer.
2. Agent of massive destruction of lives and property.
3. Nuclear weapons used to fight wars leave aftereffects such as gene mutation or distortion.