Advertising ethics are those principles, morals, and values, which have to be followed by the advertisers, and the companies advertising the product, so that a consumer is not misrepresented and his rights are not violated.
The following are advertising ethics;
1. Advertisement should not be designed to deceive or mislead the customers.
2. Advertisers should not use false names to advertise their products.
3. What is communicated by advertisement, should be complete and be within the limits set by law.
4. The true story, about the product being advertised, should be told.
5. Advertisers should follow federal, state, and local advertising laws.
6. Advertising should not foster a lavish lifestyle, that wastes resources and damages the environment.
7. Advertising should respect the human person, and not violate the dignity of the human person through its content.
8. What is communicated by advertisement, should be complete and be within the limits set by law.
9. People involved in advertising should not motivate people to commit evil, that is self-destructive and destructive to society at large.