Back to Course
JSS3: BUSINESS STUDIES - 1ST TERM
Office Procedures | Week 1 & 23Topics|1 Quiz
Imprest Account | Week 32Topics|1 Quiz
The Role of Wages and Salaries Unit | Week 43Topics|1 Quiz
Store Records | Week 54Topics|1 Quiz
Office Equipment | Week 63Topics|1 Quiz
Advertising | Week 73Topics|1 Quiz
Transport | Week 86Topics|1 Quiz
Communication | Week 94Topics|1 Quiz
Lesson 7, Topic 6
Terms Associated with Transportation
Below are some terminologies used in transportation;
- Manifest: A manifest is a document usually prepared by the captin of a ship or airline, showing the details of goods and names of people on board, before the commencement of a particular voyage or flight.
- Consignment: Goods to be transported are called consignment.
- Consignor: The person or organisation sending the consignment.
- Consignee: The person or organisation to whom a consignment is sent.
- Demurrage: This is the amount paid for delaying a ship beyond the stated departure date.