JSS3: BUSINESS STUDIES - 1ST TERM
Office Procedures | Week 1 & 23Topics|1 Quiz
Imprest Account | Week 32Topics|1 Quiz
The Role of Wages and Salaries Unit | Week 43Topics|1 Quiz
Store Records | Week 54Topics|1 Quiz
Office Equipment | Week 63Topics|1 Quiz
Advertising | Week 73Topics|1 Quiz
Transport | Week 86Topics|1 Quiz
Communication | Week 94Topics|1 Quiz
Transportation by Pipelines
This is a means used for conveying liquid products from one location to another. Petroleum products such as crude oil, petrol, kerosene, diesel, etc, are transported in Nigeria, from the oil fields to refineries, and to various depots using pipelines.
Advantages of Pipeline Transportation:
1. It is not easily prone to accidents.
2. Products are secured and protected from contamination.
3. Products diversion is not common with pipeline transportation.
4. There is a free flow of products when pipelines are used.
DIsadvantages of Pipeline Transportation:
1. Pipelines are prone to vandalization by criminals.
2. Undetected spillages normally result in water pollution in the riverine areas.
3. It can cause untold hardship to areas serviced by the pipeline during a defect.
4. Cost of guarding the pipelines against vandalisation is high.