The Promise of the Holy Spirit
The Promise of the Holy Spirit John 14; John 16: 5 – 16; Acts 1: 3 – 8:
After the resurrection of Jesus Christ, he made several appearances to the disciples within a period of forty days. He gave them the “Great Commission, which is to evangelize the world through teaching, preaching, and baptizing of the people in the name of the father, son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Meanwhile, the disciples were to wait in Jerusalem until the Holy Spirit had come upon them, which will guide and counsel them in all truth. This means the disciples needed the Holy Spirit to do well in their work with God.
The Greek name for the Holy Spirit is Paraclete.
Reasons why Jesus Promised the Holy Spirit:
1. For the Holy Spirit to live in them.
2. So that they can produce a godly character.
3. For the disciples to become spiritually conscious.
4. The disciples needed wisdom to understand the gospel message.
5. They need courage to preach the Gospel in order to win more souls for God.
6. The Holy Spirit shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance