Phylum Coelenterata (Cnidaria)
- Characteristics of Phylum Coelenterata
- Classification of Phylum Coelenterata
Characteristics of Phylum Coelenterata:
1. They are mostly aquatic organisms.
2. They are diploblastic organisms i.e. they have two distinct body layers (ectoderm and endoderm) separated by a mesogloea.
3. They exhibit tissue level of organization.
4. They are radially symmetrical.
5. They have only one body cavity called enteron or gut (gastrovascular cavity) with only one opening, the mouth, and no anus. The mouth also serves as an anus.
You are viewing an excerpt of this topic. Subscribe now to get full access!
Click on the button "Subscribe Now" below for Full Access