Functions of Customs & Exercise
The following are some of the functions of customs authorities.
1. The custom authorities help to control the importation and exportation of goods.
2. They put up legislation guiding operation at the ports.
3. They collect taxes and due from port users.
4. They supervise bonded warehouse.
5. They enforce exchange control.
6. They police the county’s border to prevent smuggling.
7. Collection of data for the compilation of statistics on international trade is carried out by customs authorities.