Functions of the Wholesalers to the Manufacturer
Wholesalers perform the following functions to the Manufacturer;
1. Bulk breaking: They buy goods in bulk thereby creating space for more goods to be produced.
2. Storage: they help the manufacturers to store large quantities of their products in the warehouse until retailers require them.
3. Delivery and Transport Services: They help the retailers to deliver goods purchased through their own network of distribution centres.
4. Advertising: They help the producer to find a market for the products through promotion and advertising.
5. Risk Bearing: The wholesaler anticipates business risks in the distribution of goods and appropriate insurance cover to reduce the impact.
6. Market Research: Valuable information needed for the expansion of the manufacturer’s output and the marketing of their products is made available by the wholesaler through research.
7. Branding, Packing, And Labeling Of Goods: Goods are prepared for sale through packaging, branding, and grading carried out by the wholesalers.
8. Price Stability: To prevent fluctuation in price and maintain price stability, a large stock of goods is held until they are needed.
9. Financing the Producers: They pay producers promptly to enable them to produce goods ahead of demand.