Requirements for Different Careers
Below are the basic requirements for different careers
1. Basic requirements for unskilled jobs: Unskilled jobs are jobs which require no rigorous training before performing them e.g. messengers, cleaners, conductors, gardeners, etc people who did not advance beyond the primary school level are involved in these jobs. They are jobs reserved for holders of the first school leaving certificates (Primary 6).
2. Basic requirements for semi-skilled jobs: Semi-skilled jobs are jobs that require some little training before engaging in them. Examples of semi-skilled jobs include clerical officers, assistant clerical officers, accounts clerks, administrative clerk, etc. These jobs are reserved for secondary school certificate and national diploma certificate (ND) holders.
3. Basic Requirements for Different Levels Of Management: The middle-level management is an organization that is reserved for both graduates from universities and polytechnics while top-level management is for those that have a second degree (masters). In the public service, a graduate is employed as a grade level 08 officer.
4. Commercial Courses: As a commercial student in secondary school there are courses you can study in Nigerian Universities to qualify for career opportunities in accounting, economics, business administration, banking and insurance, purchasing and supply, marketing, public administration, secretarial studies, industrial relation, actuarial science, etc.
5. Professional Examinations: the graduates from any higher institution of learning can still write to acquire extra knowledge or skills to enable them to fit in properly in the job market.
Some of the institutes that conduct professional examinations are;
- Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM)
- Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Nigerian Marketing Association (NMA)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing of Nigeria (CIMN)
- Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN)
- Describe different career opportunities.
- Explain the requirements for careers.
- Explain the term “career”
- The availability of a job to an individual depends on two major things. Mention them.