Advantages & Disadvantages of Friction
Advantages of Friction:
1. It protects us from sliding when walking.
2. It assists in the braking system of a car (to stop)
3. It helps in sharpening an object.
4. It also assists in grinding.
5. It assists in holding belts firmly in machines.
Disadvantages of Friction:
1. It generates unwanted heat.
2. It causes wear and tear in moving parts of a machine.
3. It reduces the efficiency of a machine.
Ways of Reducing Friction:
1. By lubrication.
2. By smoothening.
3. By streamlining.
4. Use of ball bearing or rollers.