Lesson 1, Topic 4
Branches of Physics
Branches of Physics Includes;
- Classical Physics: Energy and matter considered as separate entities.
- Modern Physics: Theory of relativity and quantum mechanics.
- Nuclear Physics: Deals with constituents, structure, behavior of atomic nuclei.
- Atomic Physics: Deals with the composition of atoms apart from the nucleus.
- Geophysics: Deals with the study of the Earth.
- Biophysics: Deals with interdisciplinary study of biological phenomena, and problems using principles and techniques of physics.
- Mechanics: Deals with the motion of material objects under influence of force.
- Acoustics: Deals with how sound is produced, transmitted, and controlled.
- Optics: Deals with electromagnetic radiation and behaviour of light.
- Thermodynamics: Deals with heat and temperature in relation to work and energy.
- Astrophysics: Deals with the use of physics to understand celestial bodies, Space, and the Physical Universe.
- Quantum mechanics: Provides a description of the physical properties of nature, at the scale of atoms and subatomic particles.
- What is Physics?
- Enumerate 3 importance of physics to the technological development of the society.
- List 5 careers you can undertake in Physics.