Rights of the Buyer & Unpaid Seller
Rights of an Unpaid Seller
The seller has the following rights:
1. Right of Lien: this is the right to retain possession of goods until the price is paid by the buyer.
2. Right of Stoppage in Transit: the seller has the right to stop the goods in transit to the buyer and retain possession until he has received payment.
3. Right to Re-Sell: he has the right to resell the goods where they are of perishable nature.
4. Right to Sue The Buyer for the Price: he may sue the buyer for the contract price if the property in the goods has passed to the buyer.
5. Right to Sue Buyer for Non-Acceptance: the buyer can be sued by the seller for non -acceptance of goods.
Rights of the Buyer
These are the rights of the buyer;
1. He Can Sue For Non-Delivery: the buyer can sue the seller for non-delivery of gods.
2. He Can Sue To Recover Purchase Price; the buyer may sue the seller to recover purchase price paid to the seller.
3. Right To Sue For Specific Performance: he can sue for specific performance
4. Right to Repudiate the Contract: The buyer may repudiate the contract for breach of a condition.