Importance of Good Leadership
1. Support, Acceptability, and Recognition: Good leadership attracts support, recognition, and acceptability from followers.
2. Initiate Broad Plans and Strategies for Development: A good leader can initiate action by communicating the policies and plans to the followers. He knows “where he is going and how best to get to his destination”.
3. Provision of Guidance: Good leadership will provide the followers with the way they have to perform their work effectively and efficiently.
4. Create a Positive Environment: Good leadership will create and promote a peaceful and cordial environment that will aid effective followership.
5. Inspire Co-operation: Co-operation of the followers increases when the leadership motivates and works with the followers to see that the goal is achieved.
6. Effective Co-ordination and Monitoring: Effective Co-ordination and Monitoring of the numerous activities of the leadership will ensure reconciliation of the follower’s interests with the goal of the group.