Lesson 8, Topic 2
European Union (EU)
The European Union was established by the treaty of Rome, Italy in 1957 by six European countries which are;
- West Germany
- The Netherlands
Objectives of European Union (EU)
- To eliminate all tariffs and quotas between member countries
- To establish common external tariffs on all goods imported from outside the EEC.
- To encourage the free movement of service, capital, and people
- To evolve common policies for agriculture, transport, and communication
- To establish currency fluctuations between EU countries.
- To maintain a free trade area through the removal of trade barriers
- List the members of WACH
- Trace the history of WACH/WAMA
- State three objectives of WACH
- Enumerate two problems of WACH