There are quite a number of options that can lead one to the path of tertiary education especially in private universities without doing the JAMB exam. An individual with a low JAMB score can utilize any of these routes. These routes include Pre-degree, JUPEB, IJMB, and Cambridge A’ Level.
This is a path that has successfully engendered many applicants with low JAMB scores to secure admission. An entrance exam precedes the program which has a duration of one year. After the one year pre-degree program, an examination is conducted before the applicant is fully admitted into the school if he/she passes.
This is another sure route to university education. It is a nine month program that allows a prospective student who has an acceptable O’Level result to apply for admission on the school’s JUPEB website.
IJMB is an acronym for Interim Joint Admission Matriculation Board. It is one of the most successful paths which has stood the test of time. It has its own syllabus which when completed, the applicant starts his/her tertiary education from 200 level.
Cambridge A’Level path
This programme could either have a one year or two year duration depending on the choice of the applicant. If an applicant is brilliant enough to compress the two year syllabus into one academic year, he/she is at liberty to run the one year programme which is fast-tracked.
The qualifications for the programme include five O’Level credits including Mathematics and English. If successful in the programme, the admitted student starts from 200 level in the university. The A’level exam is conducted by the University of Cambridge Examination Board, and is moderated by the British Council in Nigeria.
List of some Private Universities that offer University Admission without doing JAMB
- Achievers University Owo
- Adeleke University, Ede
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- African University of Science and Technology
- Ajayi Crowther University, Ibadan
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- American University of Nigeria, Yola
- Babcock University, Ilishan, Remo
- Baze University, Abuja
- Bells University of Technology, Otta
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
- Bingham University, Karu, Abuja
- Bowen University, Owo
- Caleb University, Lagos
- Caritas University, Amorji-Nike, Enugu
- Covenant University, Ota
- Crawford University, Igbesa
- Crescent University
- Elizade University
- Evangel University, Akaeze Mountain University, Osogbo
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Igbinedion University, Okada
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji, Arakeji
- Landmark University, Omu Aran
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- Madonna University, Okija
- Macpherson University, Seriki Sotaya, Ajebo
- Nigerian Turkish Nile University, Abuja
- Novena University, Ogume
- Pan African University, Lagos
- Paul University Awka Anambra State
- Renaissance University, Enugu
- Rhema University, Obeama Asa Rivers State
- Salem University, Lokoja
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa
- Southwestern University, Oku Owa
- Tansian University, Umuya
- University Of Mkar, Mkar
- Veritas University