Developed by the
Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC)
to Business Studies
– Office Practice
iv. Career Opportunities
– Explains the meaning of business studies
– Leads students to identify the components of
– Guides discussion of the importance of and
career opportunities in Business Studies.
|2||The Office||An Office:|
– Small Office
– Large Office
iv. The different offices is an
– Leads discussion on the meaning of an office.
– Guides discussion on types of offices.
– Explains Functions of an office.
– Asks Students to list the offices in the school.
– Takes students to visit different offices in their
|3.||Office Staff||1. Clerical staff:|
2. Confidentiality of office information
– Explains the meaning of Clerical staff.
– Group discussion on functions of a clerical staff
and qualitites of a clerical staff.
– Take the students to visit a clerical staff
– Explains the need for keeping information
confidential in the office.
– Write short notes on the chalkboard.
– Workshop Safety Rules & Regulations
– Explain safety rules and regulations
|5.||Right Attitude to work||1. Punctuality and regularity:|
2. Devotion of duty:
– Meaning of devotion to duty
– effect on productivity and development
– Guides discussion on:
(a) Punctuality & Regularity
(b) Punctuality & Regularity resulting in
(c) rewards & sanctions
– Invites Guest to talk on punctuality and
regularity at school, at work, etc.
– Guides discussion on the meaning of devotion
– Explains the effects on productivity
in and office/ organization
|1. Various departments in an organization:|
2. Functions of the various departments
– Guides discussions on various departments
in an organization
– Organizes a visit for Students to see these
functions of the various departments in
– Asks Students questions on what they
saw during the visit.
– Write notes on the chalkboard.
|7.||Introduction to |
2. Activities which aid Commerce
– Explains Commerce as trade and aids
– Leads discussion on different aids to
– Explains the importance of these aids to
– Uses a chart to explain trade and aids
– Arranges to visit one aid commerce.
– Writes notes on the chalkboard for the
students to copy.
|8.||Divisions of |
(a) Home Trade
(b) Foreign Trade
i. Home Trade
ii. Foreign Trade
– Explains the divisions of commerce.
– Draws a diagram showing the division of
– Leads Students to mention products
involved in home and foreign trade.
(b) Aids to Trade
2. Effects of production on
– Illustrates on a chart showing types
– Leads discussion on the effects of
production on the environment/society.
– Arranges a visit to a carpentry shop,
a hair salon, and a garden.
|10||Factors of |
|1. Factors of production|
– Leads discussion on factors of
production giving examples.
– Writes short notes on factors
– Gives assignment on factors of
production required to set up any