Developed by the
Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC)
|Sub – Theme|
|GOD AND HIS CREATION|
|1. Biblical Account of the creation. Gen 1 & 2.|
2. Why God created human beings:
(know, worship, serve Him), etc.
3. Songs about creation (in English
and different Nigerian languages)
e.g. all things bright and beautiful, the Lord
God made them all.
– Sequentially tells the story of the creation.
– Leads students to read the story.
– Explains and discusses reasons why God
made man and woman.
|2||Marriage||1. The meaning of marriage |
– Gen 2:22 -25
– Eph. 5:21-31
2. Functions of Marriage
preventing STD’s, HIV VIRUS
– Guides students to read relevant Bible
– Guides students in discussing ways marriages
prevent the spread ofSTD’s, HIV VIRUS
– Take children on field trips to churches,
maternity homes, hills and teach them birth
and wedding songs.
|3.||Disobedience||1. Biblical Account of the first human |
2. Consequences of Adam and Eve’s
disobedience. Gen. 3:14-19.
3. Learner’s disobedience and consequences.
– Explain the meaning of disobedience.
– Leads students to recognize disobedience
– Guides students to read Bible Passages.
– Guides students to respect and obey
the laws of the nation using the national pledge.
|Sub – Theme|
|4.||Call to Repentance||1. King David obeys God’s call to repentance.|
2. Sam. 12:7-13; Ps. 51: 1-19
Zaccheus Lk. 19:1-9
3. The people of Nineveh repented of their
sins. Jonah 3:1-10
4. John the Baptist calls for repentance.
5. Consequences of lack of repentance.
1 Sam 3:18; 4:10 – 21
– Guides students to mimic Jonah in Nineveh.
– Guides students to read Bible Passages