Developed by the
Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC)
|||||Sub – Theme|
|||||CULTURAL & SOCIAL|
|1||Family as A|
|1. Meaning of Primary|
It is a group whose members
share close, personal, and long
lasting relationships. Members
show concern for one another,
and share activities and culture.
2. What makes the Family a
Primary Social Group.
– It is the main unit of socialization
– Everybody belongs to one
family or another.
– Every society grows from the
social unit called family etc.
3. The roles and responsibilities
of members of a family as a
primary social group:
– Get members to work for the
growth of the community.
– Work as adult members to
contribute to the economy.
– Play key roles in population
growth, especially the father
– Play an active role in political affairs
e.g. registering and voting etc.
|2.||The Consequences of|
|1a. Characteristics of Large Family|
size – father, mother, and many
1b. Characteristics of Small Family
Size – father, mother, and very few
2. Consequences of family size on:
i. quality of individual lives.
ii. the national economy.