Developed by the
Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC)
|Learning about our Environment|
|1||Living Things||1. Habitat and examples|
2. Adaptations of living things to
3. Relationships between organisms in the
4. Uniqueness of human beings:
– problem solving
5. Measurements of Growth and
a. Growth changes in
b. Developmental changes:
features of stages of development.
d. Classifying growth and developmental
changes as temporary/permanent.
|2||Chemicals||1. Meaning of Chemicals|
2. Classes of Chemicals
(a) based on use:
(b) based on hazardous nature:
– highly hazardous and toxic
– moderately hazardous and toxic
– non-hazardous and non-toxic
3. Safety measures when using chemicals:
– adhere to the manufacturer’s
– follow safety guidelines for chemical
storage and handling.
– observe and adhere to safety signs and
instructions on chemical packages
– ensure proper labeling and storage of
|You and Energy|
|3.||Work, Energy |
|1. Meaning of work, energy, and power|
2. Meaning of potential and kinetic
3. Calculations involving Work done.
4. Energy transfer when work is done.