SS1: COMMERCE - 3RD TERM
Associations and Enterprises | Week 13 Topics
Co-operative Societies I | Week 23 Topics
Co-operative Societies II | Week 33 Topics|2 Quizzes
Public Enterprises | Week 45 Topics|1 Quiz
Limited Liability Companies | Week 54 Topics
Formation of Limited Liability Companies | Week 61 Topic
Limited Liability Companies III | Week 73 Topics|3 Quizzes
Sources of Capital of Limited Liability Companies
Advantages and Disadvantages of Limited Liability Companies
Liquidation or Winding up
- Sources of Capital of Limited Liability Companies
Trade Associations and Other Enterprises | Week 81 Topic
Chamber of Commerce | Week 91 Topic
Other Forms of Trade Association | Week 101 Topic|1 Quiz
Do you like this content?
Trade Associations and other Enterprises
Meaning: Trade Association could be defined as a group of individuals (traders or producers) in the same line of trade, who have voluntarily agreed to come together with a view to promoting and safeguarding the business interest of their members and their trade.
Examples are; Association of Food Vendors in Nigeria, Yam Sellers Association, Manufacturers Association of Nigeria, Taxi Drivers and Cab Operators Association etc. It can also be formed as a Trade Union.
Aims and Objectives of Trade Association:
1. To maintain high quality and standard of their products and services.
2. To promote their trade and create uniformity in their dealings with people.
3. To find solutions to their common problems and speak with one voice to the government in matters affecting their trade.
4. To maintain professional ethics in their business.
5. To assist members, defend them and advance their interests.
6. To protect their members from being cheated by their employers and other members of society.
Functions of Trade Association:
1. They promote the welfare of their members.
2. They settle disputes among their members.
3. They educate their members through seminars, lectures, conferences, symposia etc.
4. They organize research work on ways of improving their business operations.
5. They supply relevant technical and other information to their members about the latest innovation in their line of business.
6. They provide credit facilities and assistance to members.
7. They negotiate with other trade associations on a collective basis.
1. What is trade Association?
2. State the aims of trade Associations.
3. State five functions of trade Associations.