Back to Course
JSS1: BASIC TECHNOLOGY - 2ND TERM
Building Materials | Week 15 Topics|1 Quiz
Uses of Building Materials (Concrete) | Week 25 Topics|1 Quiz
Drawing Instruments & Materials (I) | Week 34 Topics|1 Quiz
Drawing Instruments & Materials (II) | Week 42 Topics|1 Quiz
Drawing Instruments & Materials (III) | Week 52 Topics|1 Quiz
Board Practise (I) & (II) | Week 6 & 74 Topics|1 Quiz
Title Block | Week 82 Topics|1 Quiz
Free - Hand Sketch | Week 92 Topics|1 Quiz
Do you like this content?
Lesson 2, Topic 2
Types of Concrete
- Reinforced concrete: This is concrete that contains steel inside it. It is used for bearing load on pillars, columns, and floors.
- Green concrete: This is freshly prepared concrete that has not set yet.
- Precast concrete: This is concrete cast outside the site of construction. It is brought in and assembled into parts of the building.
- Pre-stressed concrete: This is reinforced concrete prepared so as to prevent cracking due to expansion from heat.
- Terrazzo: This is flooring concrete mixed with granites or formed with marble. It is usually coloured, ground, and polished.